WELCOME TO AGBU PAPAZIAN LIBRARY!
The library at AUA is named after the Papazian family as a sign of gratitude for their generous contribution towards developing an American style library that meets the needs of the AUA community.
Our resources support all of the current academic disciplines and programs. The collections represent a combination of traditional and technology-driven sources that include:
· 45,000 books
· 120,000 e-books
· 40,000 e-journals
Facilitate access to the Library’s print and electronic resources.
AGBU Papazian Library’s reach extends far beyond the university campus. It is the only open-stack university library in Armenia which is open to the general public.
Our staff is ready to assist you with checking in and out books, reserves, CDs, renewal, and to help you with your research process
· at the Reference Desk,
· through instant messaging
Accessing online resources
With your AUA username and password all electronic resources can be accessed on and off campus. – http://library.aua.am/off-campus-access/
Materials that are not in our current collectionthe library staff may borrow them from other libraries using OCLC’s resource sharing network. – http://library.aua.am/interlibrary-loan/
We offer opportunities to learn how to locate, use and evaluate information in different formats:
· Orientation trainings for freshmen
· In-class workshops
· Individual training for both students and faculty
· Discipline-specific instruction
Use of the library requires adherence to the following rules of behavior:
· Cellular phones must be turned off or on silent mode upon entry to the library.
· Drinks are allowed in the Library as long as they are in spill-proof mugs or plastic bottles with a “secure” cap or lid.
· No canned beverages, or open containers are allowed.
· Food is not permitted in the library.
· Playing computer games for entertainment purposes with library computers, personal computers or mobile devices in the library is prohibited.
Offer a welcoming, comfortable, and state-of-the art learning environment:
· 180 reading places in two large halls
· 15 individual carrels
· 7 group study rooms with large LCD screens
· Library Instruction Lab
· Suitable lighting, ventilation, and air conditioning
· Designated noise-free areas
Delivers services to the community of learners where and when they need it
· Integrated Library System EOSi
· RFID technology
· Wireless Internet
· Computers, Laptops, Tablets
· Printers and Scanners
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday-Friday: 9am – 2am
Saturday: 10am – 9pm
Sunday: 11am – 7pm
Monday-Friday: 9am – 12am
Saturday-Sunday: 12pm – 8pm
AGBU Papazian Library
American University of Armenia
40 Marshal Baghramyan Ave.
Republic of Armenia